The Training You Need to Succeed in Infidelity Counseling
Working with couples in crisis in general or couples struggling with infidelity in particular can be very challenging and anxiety-provoking for new and seasoned clinicians alike. This is especially true when considering that the majority of graduate training programs do not offer a well-rounded, evidence-based modality of treatment that is focused exclusively on the issue of infidelity and couples in relationship crisis.
Clinicians often worry about the mastery of skills required to help the couples navigate their way to healing. Couples dealing with infidelity are often in crisis mode and the health of the relationship is in critical condition. The fragility of the relationship and the intense emotional state of both partners can be overwhelming for the counselors. Furthermore, some counselors struggle with mitigating the impact of their personal worldviews and their spiritual and cultural beliefs on the integrity of the counseling process.
This is why I decided to develop Systematic Affair Recovery Therapy (SART) ™, a comprehensive clinical and theoretical training resource for clinicians and counselors who are interested in increasing their skill level when it comes to working with couples healing from infidelity. Regardless of your experience level and number of years in the field, you will find some new tools that you can use to help better serve your clients. The training course and the clinical supervision options are the product of many years of practical, direct counseling experience with clients who are dealing with infidelity as well as a variety of rigorous training and certifications in evidence-based modalities of treatment.
My Qualifications as a Trainer and Clinical Supervisor
- Doctor of Psychology with an emphasis in infidelity treatment
- Over 10 years experience as a clinical supervisor for counselors at different levels of care and treatment settings
- Over 9000 hours of couples counseling experience
- Certified as a trainer and therapist in the following modalities of treatment:
- Brief Strategic Family Therapy
- Trauma Informed Treatment
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Author of the bestselling book, Infidelity: The Best Worst Thing that Could Happen to Your Marriage
- Board Member of the Continuing Education Provider Approval Committee for California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Approved CEU provider #128298 by California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
Sign Up Today
The Infidelity Recovery Center is located in Roseville, and provides practical, no-nonsense therapy programs and retreats focused on helping you address your marriage issues and achieve your goals.
Talal H. Alsaleem, PsyD, LMFT, has over 18 years experience helping couples in the Roseville area and surrounding communities face and overcome challenges and enabling them to find the happiness and contentment in their lives.
Located in Roseville, The Infidelity Recovery Center supports couples in Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln, Granite Bay, Folsom, Newcastle, Loomis, Penryn, Citrus Heights, Orangevale and the greater Sacramento area.